A step-by-step guide to sending a new standard envelope:
Create a new standard envelope
Click the green Compose and a new envelope window will appear.2
Choose standard envelope
Click on the Choose button next to the Standard envelope.3
Select the recipient
Click in the Recipient field and a dropdown menu will allow you to choose a company from your Contacts.4
Each envelope must contain at least one document. The document can be:
- Uploaded from your computer: using the gray Upload new button. You can select multiple documents in the file browser or even drag and drop them into the new envelope.
- Chosen from inbox: by clicking the Choose from inbox the documents that are in your possession will appear. In the Choose document pop-up select the documents you want to attach and click the green Add to draft button.5
Open document properties
Open document properties by clicking on the Properties button.6
Add additional document information
- mandatory Document type information by using the dropdown menu to scroll through all available document types, or clicking in the field and start typing to filter down the possibilities.
- additional mandatory fields. Some document types such as bills of lading or certificates can have more of mandatory fields that you need to fill. Those are clearly marked with a red “This field is required!”.
- Once you are satisfied with the document properties, click the green Save button to return to the envelope view. You can repeat the process of providing properties for other documents.7
Seal the envelope
- By writing in the provided field, you can add an optional text message to the envelope that will be visible to the recipient.
- In the bottom right corner of the envelope, you can see the price to transfer the envelope.
- Once you are satisfied with the envelope, click the orange Seal button to prepare it for transfer. After doing so, the envelope remains in your possession, but clicking unlocks the possibility to transfer it.8
Transfer the envelope
If you want to transfer the envelope click on the green Transfer button. More details about the Envelope transfer process can be found here.