A step-by-step guide to sending a new Egypt ACI envelope:
Open the ACI notification
After the importer registers their shipment along with the exporter’s information on the NAFEZA portal, the exporter receives an ACI notification that contains the ACID number along with other export information in their Inbox on the CargoX Platform. More information about this step can be found here.2
Create a new Egypt ACI envelope
Click the green Compose ACI filing button.3
New ACI envelope is created
This creates a new blank ACI envelope where the recipient is already preselected, as it is only possible to send an ACI envelope to Egyptian customs (NAFEZA). Also the ACID number from the ACI notification is already preselected.4
To add documents click on the:
- Upload new documents or
- Choose from inbox5
Open documents properties.
Open documents properties by clicking on the Properties button.6
Add additional document information
- mandatory Document type information by using the dropdown menu to scroll through all available document types, or clicking in the field and start typing to filter down the possibilities.
- additional mandatory fields. Some document types such as bills of lading or certificates can have more of mandatory fields that you need to fill. Those are clearly marked with a red “This field is required!”
- Once you are satisfied with the document properties, click the green Save button to return to the envelope view. You can repeat the process of providing properties for other documents.7
Seal the envelope
- By writing in the provided field, you can add an optional text message to the envelope that will be only visible to NAFEZA.
- In the bottom right corner of the envelope, you can see the price to transfer the envelope.
- Once you are satisfied with the envelope, click the orange Seal button to prepare it for transfer. After doing so, the envelope remains in your possession, but clicking unlocks the possibility to transfer it.
Transfer the envelope
After the envelope is sealed, click on the green Transfer button.9
Digitally sign the transfer
To confirm the transfer, you must authenticate and digitally sign it with your blockchain key. To perform this action follow this guide.